Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pencil Sketching

I like to draw alot. During my school and college days, I used to do drawing related to my curriculum. Taking this to next level, I started to do some sketches of animals,landscape and so on. Some of my recent drawings are posted below.

This is a pencil sketch of a broken Castle. I like something that is old/broken and also I like drawing houses.




This is a sketch of a ranch house with a beautiful garden. One thing that interests me the most in US is that most of the houses have beautiful garden. I love the fact that so much interest and dedication is shown to maintain a beautiful garden.


This is a drawing of a still life of a typical living room.



It is a sketch of a photograph. I liked the effort taken to capture this picture to show the reversed "L" of the flying bird and also the steps.



I love animals especially dogs. This drawing is done in the memory of my dog "Diddle".She is a white Pomeranian and a very enthusiastic doggie.


This is a drawing of a Mama and Baby elephant. In this drawing, I liked the naughtiness and innocence of the the baby elephant and at the same time how cutely the baby elephant holds the Mama's trunk.


How can any drawings go without any predatory animals. This is a sketch done to save tigers which are becoming extinct.


Last but not the least, this is a sketch of a squirrel. I live in Squirrel hill,Pittsburgh. In my backyard there used to be a squirrel and he/she used to peep near my living room window everyday. I wanted to do something in the memory of this squirrel so did this particular one. I used color pencils to do something colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment